- December 02, 2016Editorials
- 2016 International conference on weight management, lifestyle, and cardiometabolic disease
The International Chair on Cardiometabolic Risk (ICCR) and the Chinese Medical Association co-organized the first Chinese International Congress on Weight Management, Lifestyle, and Cardiometabolic Disease.
At the opening...
- September 29, 2016Editorials
- ICCR/EHLA UK in partnership with The Sugar Reduction Summit (copy 1)
On 22 September 2016, the International Chair on Cardiometabolic Risk (ICCR) and the European Healthy Lifestyle Alliance (EHLA) UK partnered with The Sugar Reduction Summit to deliver a one-day conference...
- May 31, 2016Editorials
- The International Chair on Cardiometabolic Risk Global Sugar-Sweetened Beverage Sale Barometer
By Benoit Arsenault, PhD, Assistant professor, Department of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Université Laval The epidemics of obesity and type 2 diabetes are affecting most if not all developed countries...
- January 12, 2016Editorials
- The 2015 dietary guidelines for Americans: The “culture of health” will have to wait
By Benoit Arsenault, PhD, Assistant professor, Department of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Université Laval
By law, the U.S. government is required to publish a new version of its dietary guidelines every five years and...
- October 01, 2015Editorials
- Europe cannot afford to sit still
By The International Chair on Cardiometabolic Risk
Obesity is one of the biggest threats to public health worldwide. Efforts to tighten the belt on “the epidemic of the 21st century” should be top priority for...