- March 21, 2017Editorials
- Abdominal obesity: a causal risk factor for cardiometabolic diseases
The strong association between abdominal obesity and the risk of type 2 diabetes (T2D) and coronary heart disease (CHD) has been validated by several large-scale epidemiological prospective studies over the past 40...
- December 02, 2016Editorials
- 2016 International conference on weight management, lifestyle, and cardiometabolic disease (copy 1)
The International Chair on Cardiometabolic Risk (ICCR) and the Chinese Medical Association co-organized the first Chinese International Congress on Weight Management, Lifestyle, and Cardiometabolic Disease.
At the opening...
- September 29, 2016Editorials
- ICCR/EHLA UK in partnership with The Sugar Reduction Summit (copy 1)
On 22 September 2016, the International Chair on Cardiometabolic Risk (ICCR) and the European Healthy Lifestyle Alliance (EHLA) UK partnered with The Sugar Reduction Summit to deliver a one-day conference...
- May 31, 2016Editorials
- The International Chair on Cardiometabolic Risk Global Sugar-Sweetened Beverage Sale Barometer
By Benoit Arsenault, PhD, Assistant professor, Department of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Université Laval The epidemics of obesity and type 2 diabetes are affecting most if not all developed countries...
- January 12, 2016Editorials
- The 2015 dietary guidelines for Americans: The “culture of health” will have to wait
By Benoit Arsenault, PhD, Assistant professor, Department of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Université Laval
By law, the U.S. government is required to publish a new version of its dietary guidelines every five years and...