Assessing CVD Risk: Traditional Approaches
- 1Key Points (1 page)
- 2Estimating CHD Risk (1 page)
- 3The SCORE Project (2 pages)
- 4The UKPDS Risk Engine (2 pages)
- 5The Italian CUORE Project (2 pages)
- 6References (1 page)
- Identifying individuals at high risk of CVD is one of the main objectives of primary prevention and the first step towards treating high-risk patients with modifiable risk factors.
- When evaluating a patient’s global CHD risk, it is important to consider all risk factors simultaneously.
- The SCORE risk estimation system directly estimates total fatal CVD risk for clinical management of CVD risk in European populations.
- The UKPDS risk engine is a good CHD risk estimation model for primary prevention of CHD in type 2 diabetic patients.
- CUORE has produced a predictive equation specific to the Italian population.