Indices of Total Adiposity
- 1Key Points (1 page)
- 2Indices of Total Adiposity (1 page)
- 3Indices of Total Adiposity - BMI (2 pages)
- 4Indices of Total Adiposity - Skinfolds (1 page)
- 5Indices of Total Adiposity – BIA (1 page)
- 6Indices of Total Adiposity – Densitometry (Hydrostatic Weighing and Air Displacement Plethysmography) (1 page)
- 7References (1 page)
- BMI, skinfolds, BIA, and densitometry are useful techniques for measuring total adiposity.
- The degree to which these measures of total adiposity improve prediction of health risk beyond that of waist circumference alone is unclear.
- These estimates of total adiposity do not provide an adequate measure of regional body fat distribution.