Computed Tomography (CT)
- 1Key Points (1 page)
- 2Determining Total Adiposity With Computed Tomography (1 page)
- 3Determining Tissue Area or Mass Using CT (1 page)
- 4Measuring Skeletal Muscle Mass Using CT (1 page)
- 5Measuring Intra-abdominal Fat Using MRI and CT (2 pages)
- 6Measuring Ectopic Fat Using CT (2 pages)
- 7References (1 page)
- CT is a criterion method for assessing intra-abdominal fat.
- CT can also be used to measure ectopic fat in the liver and skeletal muscle.
- High cost and radiation exposure currently limit the routine use of this tool for assessing body composition and related health risk in clinical practice.