Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- 1Key Points (1 page)
- 2Imaging Techniques (1 page)
- 3Magnetic Resonance Imaging: How it Works (1 page)
- 4Determining Tissue Area or Mass (1 page)
- 5Measuring Skeletal Muscle Mass (1 page)
- 6Measuring Intra-abdominal Fat (1 page)
- 7Measuring Ectopic Fat Using MRI (1 page)
- 8References (1 page)
- MRI is a criterion method for assessing intra-abdominal fat.
- MRI can be used to measure ectopic fat deposition in the liver and skeletal muscle.
- High cost and limited availability currently hinder the routine use of this tool for assessing body composition and related health risk in clinical practice.