- 1Key points (1 page)
- 2Evaluating CMR: Imaging Techniques (1 page)
- 3Dual-energy X-ray Absorptiometry (DEXA) (2 pages)
- 4Ultrasonography (2 pages)
- 5References (1 page)
- DEXA is a useful tool for assessing total adiposity but is limited in its ability to assess intra-abdominal (visceral) fat.
- Ultrasonography may be a useful tool for assessing intra-abdominal fat in clinical practice.
- As measured via ultrasonography, intra-abdominal fat thickness is a correlate of cardiometabolic risk factors.